Mission Statement and Strategic Goals
The mission of the Zicklin School of Business (ZSB) is to create and disseminate knowledge, to facilitate student learning, and to promote ethical business practices, while capitalizing on the School’s diversity and location in New York City.
ZSB accomplishes its mission by:
- Promoting excellence in education through our undergraduate, MBA and other master’s level, doctoral, and executive business programs, to prepare students for success in the global economy;
- Supporting scholarly research and professional visibility in areas valuable to business and society; and
- Building a community of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and business through academic centers, non-degree programs, and public events.
- ZSB will produce well-educated graduates who are prepared for careers in business, and who have demonstrated a mastery of the learning goals outlined for the BBA, MBA, and MS programs.
- ZSB faculty will be devoted to excellence in teaching, and ZSB will encourage and reward excellence in teaching.
- ZSB will continue to implement its learning assurance process to encourage continuous improvement in curriculum and teaching.
- ZSB will maintain a curriculum that is innovative and responsive to the needs of global business.
- ZSB will provide facilities and technology that are necessary to support effective pedagogy.
- ZSB will prepare PhD students for academic and business careers.
- ZSB faculty will engage in scholarly research that is valuable to business and society.
- ZSB will foster an environment that supports and rewards research and scholarship of theoretical, empirical, and applied nature.
- ZSB will make available to the faculty the tools necessary to support scholarship, thereby increasing the visibility and reputation of the school through publication in prestigious journals, presentation at professional and academic conferences, and participation in professional organizations.
- ZSB will make the Ph.D. Program an integral part of faculty scholarship.
- ZSB will support institutes and centers that contribute to faculty research and community engagement.
- ZSB will collaborate with the Weissman School of Arts and Sciences and the School of Public Affairs to fulfill the mission of Baruch College.
- ZSB will create and support a collegial and productive work environment for faculty, administration, and staff.
- ZSB will advance and ensure adherence to the highest ethical standards among all its stakeholders.
- ZSB will involve alumni and the business community in the educational and scholarly activities of the school.
- ZSB will offer conferences, seminars, and executive programs that are responsive to the needs of the business community.
- ZSB will encourage and support organizations and activities that contribute to student development.