The Integrated BBA/MS Program in Accountancy
Baruch accounting students can currently apply to Baruch’s MSA/MST programs in two ways: 1) By following regular application procedure on the Graduate Admissions website after they complete their undergraduate studies OR 2) By being part of the Integrated BBA/MS Program (old “4+1 BBA/MS” Program has been discontinued).
The integrated BBA/MS program aims to provide Baruch accounting students with career guidance and interdisciplinary knowledge that would help them develop skills and competitive advantages to achieve successful leadership positions in accountancy.
Who is eligible to apply to the Integrated Program?
- All Baruch Zicklin students whose major is accounting and who plan to earn an MS degree in Accountancy or Taxation from Baruch.
- Have at least 3.2 GPA
- Are in their junior year (preferably as soon as they join Zicklin School). The latest students can apply to the Integrated Program is in their senior year with at least one full semester - fall or spring (summer does not count) remaining in their BBA program after the semester in which they apply. Second semester seniors are not eligible for the IP.
Acceptance is based on a comprehensive and competitive evaluation of the applicants, including an interview by the program director.
The program will offer the following advantages to the students:
- Cohort experience - including workshops, special lectures, mentoring & counseling, and other networking and professional development activities
- Opportunities to apply for full time winter/spring internships
- An integrated study plan allowing a second concentration that mirrors current practices in accounting firms for MSA students (ex. securities valuation, CIS, real estate, risk management, etc.)
- Guaranteed admission to the MSA or MST program as long as academic, standardized test (GMAT or GRE), and program participation standards are met.
- No GMAT requirement if GPA of 3.5 or above in senior year (including final BBA GPA). Other program students will need to score at least 550 overall, 45th percentile verbal and 55th percentile quantitative on GMAT to receive Departmental recommendation and earn guaranteed admission to the MS program.
- Eligibility to apply to the MS program while in their senior year and continue with their graduate studies directly after completing their BBA degree, without having to take a semester break in between.
Instructions for Applicants to the Integrated BBA/MS Program in Accountancy
Applications to the Integrated Program are due by September 30 (fall admission) and by February 28 (spring admission). Applications open for Fall semester on the first Monday in August and in the Spring semester on the first Monday in January.
Important: - This is an application to the BBA portion of the BBA/MS Integrated Program which expresses an intention to apply later for the MS portion of the program. - Students complete an official application to the MS portion of the program during the last semester of their senior year. - GMAT is NOT required for this application. -Students accepted into the program may be dropped from the program if they do not continue to meet program's academic standards and/or don't participate in program activities.
To apply, please complete below by the above deadline(s):
- Please submit your electronic
- Submit a hard copy of your one-page resume and unofficial transcript to the Stan Ross Department of Accountancy (VC 12-225). Mailbox: Integrated BBA/MS Program
For any questions about the Integrated Program, please visit the Department of Accountancy in person or email us at: Acct.firstname.lastname@example.org