The Accountancy BBA/MS Integrated Program
Baruch accounting students can currently apply to Baruch’s MSA/MST programs in two ways:
1) By following the regular application procedure on the Zicklin Graduate Admissions website after they complete their undergraduate studies, or
2) By being part of the Accountancy BBA/MS integrated Program.
The Accountancy BBA/MS Integrated Program provides a means for Baruch College accounting students to integrate their fourth and fifth years of study to earn a BBA and and MS (Accountancy or Taxation). This program offers career guidance, skills development, and professional experiences that lead to competitive advantages for successful leadership positions in accountancy.
Who is eligible to apply to the Integrated Program?
- All Baruch Zicklin undergraduate students whose major is accounting and who plan to earn an MS degree in Accountancy or Taxation from Baruch.
- Juniors or first-semester seniors with at least a 3.2 overall GPA.
Acceptance to the Integrated program is based on a comprehensive and competitive evaluation of the applicants, including an interview by the program director.
The program offers the following advantages to the students:
- Cohort experience - including workshops, special lectures, mentoring & counseling, and other networking and professional development activities
- Opportunities to apply for full time winter/spring internships
- An integrated study plan allowing a second concentration that mirrors current practices in accounting firms for MSA students (ex. securities valuation, CIS, real estate, risk management, etc.)
- Guaranteed admission to the MSA or MST program as long as academic, overall GPA, standardized test (GMAT or GRE), and program participation standards are met.
- No GMAT requirement to apply for the MS portion of the program for Integrated Program students with a final overall GPA of 3.5 or higher in the BBA program. Integrated program students with less than a 3.5 overall GPA at graduation will need to score at least 550 overall, 45th percentile verbal and 55th percentile quantitative on GMAT to receive the departmental recommendation for admission to the MS program.
- Eligibility to apply to the MS program while in their senior year and continue with their graduate studies directly after completing their BBA degree, without having to take a semester break in between. Integrated Program students can also elect to defer beginning the MS portion for up to two semesters after graduation.
Instructions for Applicants to the Accountancy BBA/MS integrated Program
Applications to the Integrated Program are due by September 30 (fall admission) and by February 28 (spring admission).
Important: - This application is for the BBA portion of the BBA/MS Integrated Program, which expresses an intention to apply later for the MS portion of the program. Integrated Program students complete an official application to the MS portion of the program during the last semester of their senior year.
GMAT (GRE) is NOT required for this application for the undergraduate portion of the Integrated program .
Students accepted into the program may be dropped from the program if they do not continue to meet program's academic standards or fail to participate in program activities.
To apply, please complete below by the above deadline(s):
- Please submit your electronic - open for Fall semester on the first Monday in August and for the Spring semester on the first Monday in January.
- You will need a copy of your CUNYFirst transcript to complete the application. You will also write a brief essay.
Undergraduate accountancy students with questions about the Integrated Program, please visit the Department of Accountancy in person or email us at: Acct.email@example.com