From the Chair
Welcome to the Narendra Paul Loomba Department of Management at the Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College.
The Narendra Paul Loomba Department of Management is the largest department in the largest business school in the country. It is home to a variety of programs and academic areas. These include:
- Entrepreneurship -- The Lawrence N. Field Programs in Entrepreneurship offers the BBA in Entrepreneurship; the MBA in Entrepreneurship, and the MS in Entrepreneurship program. An Entrepreneurship Certificate Program is offered in collaboration with Baruch's Continuing and Professional Studies. Other entrepreneurial workshops and programs (technical support, conferences, research collaborations and competitions) are run through the Lawrence N. Field Center for Entrepreneurship.
- Human Resource Management -- Offered as an BBA and MBA major, an Executive MS in Industrial and Labor Relations, and the iCoach program, which trains executive coaches.
- Organizational Behavior -– Offered as an BBA and MBA major in Organizational Behavior-Human Resource Management and a certificate program for MBA students in Leadership.
- Ph.D. - Specialization in Management - Curriculum includes core courses in organizational psychology, strategic management, organization theory, entrepreneurship, research methods, and statistics.
- Strategy – Courses at the BBA and MBA levels, including the capstone courses for both the BBA and MBA programs.
Sustainable Business -- This MBA major is conceptually anchored in strategy, with the understanding that sustainable ventures require a strategic mindset with respect to the integration of environmental, social and governance issues. Whether one is managing a small business with the intent of offering a sustainable good or service, or one is managing a large transnational corporation seeking to implement sustainable practices throughout the firm, strategy is at the core of the approach to sustainable business.
The department faculty of more than 35 full-time and 45 part-time professors and instructors includes leading scholars and highly experienced and accomplished executives. Our faculty are active researchers, editors of leading journals, authors, consultants, and speakers. We are all committed to providing an academically rigorous and market-driven experience to our students.
Ramona K. Zachary, Ph.D.
Professor & Chair
Mailing Address and Contact Information:
Prof. Ramona K. Zachary, Ph.D.
Peter S. Jonas Distinguished Professor of Entrepreneurship
Chair of the Narendra Paul Loomba Department of Management
Narendra Paul Loomba Department of Management
Baruch College, Zicklin School of Business
One Bernard Baruch Way, Box B9-240
New York, New York 10010
Phone: (646) 312-3649
Department Main Phone: (646) 312-3620
Department Fax: (646) 312-3621
Dana Canada, Assistant to the Chair