Executive MS in Marketing
The Zicklin School's Executive MS in Marketing (EMSM) is an innovative new program designed to offer flexibility, speed, and control to executives seeking advanced education in marketing. Learning from different perspectives in marketing will enhance creativity and out-of-the-box thinking.
In this program you will:
- gain a solid foundation in the planning, research and analytical tools most needed in marketing.
- build on your knowledge and skills in the foundational areas through advanced courses in marketing.
- develop knowledge in more specialized areas, including branding, new products, analytics and digital marketing.
- sharpen your ability to manage the challenges and new frontiers facing firms in a global competition.
- participate in an overseas class trip so you will gain marketing and international business insights from another country.
- The EMSM program is a highly-focused 30 credit program. The courses are tailored to the program and carefully coordinated in sequence.
- Executive students will take the courses in a modular format, with approximately one course per month. Classes will be held on two successive weekends, Saturday and Sunday, and will be complemented with distance learning before the first weekend and after the second.
- It is very concentrated, with just 11 months required to graduate.
- Faculty members are hand-selected for their commitment and ability to ensure that students have meaningful and substantive learning experiences.
- Executive students take the program in cohort fashion. This enables them to develop productive working relationships with each other and start forming long-lasting business networks. However, students sometimes need to miss a module due to work or personal issues. The program’s flexibility does permit this and students can complete the program with the next cohort.
- Executive programs are specifically designed to free students from academic administrative procedures and lets them concentrate on learning.
- One course is an international trip featuring company visits and speakers who explain about business, government and cultural differences. In recent years classes have visited Brazil, South Africa, China and Vietnam.