Professor of Economics and Finance
BS Yerevan Polytechnic Institute Computer Engineering 1984 MBA American University of Armenia 1993 PhD Boston College Finance 1998
Areas of Expertise:
Corporate Finance, Financial Institutions
A. Hovakimian, A. Kayhan, S. Titman, "Are corporate default probabilities consistent with the static tradeoff theory?" Review of Financial Studies, 2012, volume 25, No. 2, 315-340.
T. Bali and A. Hovakimian, "Volatility spreads and expected stock returns," Management Science, November 2009, volume 55, 1797-1812.
A. Hovakimian, G. Hovakimian and H. Tehranian, "Determinants of target capital structure: The case of dual debt and equity issues," Journal of Financial Economics, March 2004, volume 71, No. 3.
A. Hovakimian, T. Opler, and S. Titman, "Debt-equity choice," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, volume 36, No. 1, March 2001.
A. Hovakimian and E.J. Kane, "Effectiveness of capital regulation at U.S. commercial banks, 1985-1994," Journal of Finance, volume 55, No. 1, February 2000.
Selected conference presentations and seminars:
- Rutgers University, 2011.
- International Conference on Corporate Finance and Financial Markets, City University of Hong Kong, 2011.
- Syracuse University, 2010.
- Financial Management Association Annual Meeting, 2010.
- Asian Finance Association Annual Meeting, 2008.
- American Finance Association Annual Meetings, 2003, 2005.
- European Finance Association Annual Meeting, Berlin, 2002.
Ad hoc reviewer, Journal of Finance, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Review of Finance, and others.
Awards, Honors, etc.:
FDIC Center for Financial Research Funding Recipient, 2004.
Eugene Lang Junior Faculty Research Fellowship, Baruch College, 1999.