Executive MS in Finance
The Baruch Executive MS in Finance:
Preparing Finance Leaders for Future Challenges, Risks and Opportunities
Academic Coordinator: Gwendolyn Webb
The Executive MS in Finance prepares you for a leadership role in finance. In this program, you will gain the technical knowledge needed to understand current and new challenges in finance. You will learn to think strategically, make sound financial decisions, and communicate your views effectively and persuasively.
- The program is highly focused, and all but a few of the 30 credits in the program are in finance.
- It is very concentrated, and students can complete the program within one year.
- The courses are tailored to the program and carefully coordinated in sequence.
- Faculty members are hand-selected for their commitment and ability to ensure that students have meaningful and substantive learning experiences.
- Our distinguished finance faculty is ranked 45th worldwide in research, based on publications in journals of highest quality.
- Our adjunct faculty members include experienced, high-level practitioners.
- Students take the program in cohort fashion. This enables them to develop productive working relationships with each other and form long-lasting business networks.
- The Executive format is specifically designed to free students from academic administrative procedures and lets them concentrate on learning.
- Students will build a solid foundation in the core areas of finance: investments, corporate finance, and quantitative methods.
- They will build on this foundation in advanced areas of corporate financial management and strategy, international financial management, and financial markets.
- They will tackle intellectual challenges in new and frontier areas of finance such as behavioral finance, financial risk management, venture capital, and private equity.
- Through classroom discussion and debate, team projects, and presentations, students' abilities to communicate financial issues and questions accurately and persuasively will be strengthened.
- Students will be equipped with essential knowledge needed to manage future innovations in financial markets and institutions and to identify opportunities for their firms.
Unique Benefits and Advantages of the Executive Program Format
The executive program is carefully structured to bring graduate-level education to busy professionals in a compact, intensive way that maximizes the value and efficiency of students' studies and experience.
Students follow the program as a cohort and take all of their courses together. The courses are designed to build from the basics to advanced and specialized subjects in a carefully-structured sequence.
As a cohort, students work together on team projects and begin building a network of future business relationships and long-lasting friendships.