Be the Doctor in the Boardroom
The Zicklin Doctor of Professional Studies in Business (DPSB) program is designed for senior executives with 7 or more years of executive experience who seek empirical knowledge and research experience at the doctoral level. Graduates will gain skills needed to thrive in the C-suite, broaden their opportunities as consultants, and enter the college classroom as a professor.
Our PhD faculty have developed a unique multidisciplinary curriculum that employs a wide range of traditional and cutting-edge research methodologies to address the key business issues of the day.
- Three-year doctoral degree program from an AACSB-accredited business school leading to the Doctor of Professional Studies in Business (DPS) degree.
- Structured to accommodate executives’ schedules with a limited number of on-campus residencies supported by online learning.
- Multidisciplinary courses which recognize that executives make decisions across functional lines of business and academic areas of study.
- Conduct specialized research tailored to your career goals and business interests.
- Individualized mentoring of your research and dissertation based on our faculty’s experience in our long-established PhD program in business.
- Comprehensive program fee of $125,000, to be paid in installments over the course of the program. This fee covers 42 credits of required courses, books, materials, meals on class days, and dissertation research guidance.
- Scholarships available.
Benefits of the Doctor of Professional Studies in Business Program
Continuing your executive professional development with a doctoral program leading to the DPS degree enables you to:
- Reshape your thinking around difficult problems using current research paradigms.
- Expand your network with fellow executives who, like you, bring their business experience to the classroom and share your goals of pursuing have extensive research, academic, and business training.
- Bring an expanded academic skill set to your organization’s business challenges.
- Learn how to communicate complex ideas and findings to a broad audience.
- Open doors to new career opportunities in research, consulting, and college teaching.
The DPSB Program Curriculum and Structure
The DPSB doctoral program expands your analytical skill set, allowing you to bring new solutions and perspectives to your organization’s business challenges. Students address current theoretical and empirical research, giving you a broader perspective of business.
- In the first year of the program, you will take research methodology courses in quantitative analysis in econometrics as well as qualitative analysis such as surveys and case studies, capturing the wide range of analytical tools used in business research. You will also learn about leadership, competition analysis and regulation, and foundational applied areas in business.
- In the second year, you will take courses in areas such as technological change and innovation, the consumer journey, ideation and entrepreneurship, human capital, information-based strategy, and marketing strategy. The specific courses are selected by the program’s academic director and steering committee to best reflect students’ research interests.
- The summers and third year are devoted to dissertation research. You will be matched with an advisor in the spring semester of the first year, and in many cases will continue with this advisor through all stages of the dissertation.
- You will use R in your coursework and either R or other statistical software like SPSS or SAS in your dissertation research.
- Throughout the program you will enhance your communication skills by reading, discussing, writing, and presenting, both business literature and your own research findings.
You are encouraged to start thinking about and identifying your research interests early in the program. Typically you will refine and reshape your ideas for the dissertation significantly throughout the two years of courses.
This exposure to research methodology and theory will equip you to undertake applied research, while also gaining the skills to guide doctoral and research professionals employed at your organization.
Students enrolling in Cohort 3 are eligible for special financial support in the maximum amount of $12,000. All candidates will be considered automatically upon application and do not need to submit any additional forms or requests. See here for more information.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Us During Virtual Office Hours
Executive Admissions staff are available via live chat every Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 am-10:30 am ET to answer your questions. Register for an upcoming session to receive an access link via email.
For prospective students interested in Zicklin’s PhD in Business program, please click here.