The essential skill to either advance your career or to create a new one!
Accelerating change driven by technology and immediate global communication has redefined the meaning of innovation and how we design new ventures (Entrepreneurship), as well as how we refresh and reinvigorate existing ones (Intrapreneurship).
An entrepreneurial mindset is essential to creating new ventures and advancing and refreshing existing ventures.
The dual degree Executive Master’s of Science in Entrepreneurship (EMSE) is designed for professionals with 5 or more years of business experience who are seeking to strengthen their career paths by enhancing their knowledge of how to innovate and create intrapreneurially, or to create new ventures entrepreneurially.
The partners are the Brazilian International Business School (BRAIN) in São Paulo, Brazil, and the Zicklin School of Business (ZSB) in New York City, USA. Upon completing the program, you will earn two degrees: the Executive MS in Entrepreneurship at Baruch College/CUNY, and an MS (or certificate) from BRAIN. You can see the program listing on BRAIN’s website here.
The program begins with foundational courses in business communication and entrepreneurial strategy. It then turns to advanced courses that are primarily focused on the development of design thinking, ideation and the processes of translating concept into new ventures and reenergizing existing firms. This is accomplished through experiential learning techniques that provide hands-on exercises in entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial development.
Earning your Executive MS in Entrepreneurship will help you:
- Strengthen your knowledge of the fundamentals of concept development and implementation for new and existing firms.
- Gain the skills and growth mindset needed to manage future developments in market technologies, global communication, and to apply global entrepreneurship/intrapreneurship principles.
- Expand your network of business professionals in the global entrepreneurial centers of São Paulo and New York City. Baruch is located at the threshold of “Silicon Alley,” one of the largest global hubs of entrepreneurial/intrapreneurial innovation.
- Witness transformations in the global arenas of entrepreneurship/intrapreneurship in North and South America.
- Program Credits: 31.5
- Program Length: 11 Months
- Classes meet 2 weekends per month (Saturday & Sunday)
- The weekend classes are complemented with distance learning before the first weekend and after the second.
- Focus on one course per month
- Experience distance learning through one online coursework
- Learn from your cohort of experienced professionals
- Administrative details of course registration are handled through the program
- GMAT/GRE waivers available
The dual-degree Executive MS in Entrepreneurship in São Paulo is offered in partnership with the Zicklin School of Business and the Brazilian International Business School (BRAIN).
The Zicklin School of Business
The Zicklin School of Business at Baruch College is the flagship business school within The City University of New York (CUNY), the largest and most renowned urban university system in the United States. Established in 1847, the University has offered world-class academic programs taught by award-winning faculty for 170 years. The Zicklin School is home to renowned faculty and industry experts who shape business practices and futures worldwide. The campus is located in the heart of New York City’s borough of Manhattan, where numerous multinational corporations are based, and within easy reach of Midtown, Wall Street, and the Financial District.
The Zicklin School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
The Brazilian International Business School
The Brazilian International Business School (BRAIN) is an independent business school founded in São Paulo by a group of distinguished professors who bring their academic experience as well as their expertise as executives in the business world. Focusing on Entrepreneurship and Entrepreneurship, Brain Business School is dedicated to educating individuals and helping companies develop their talent, so that they can better achieve sustainable growth through superior execution and performance.
Located in São Paulo’s most vibrant corporate area, the classrooms are equipped with the latest technology including audio-video conferencing, LCD projectors, and high-speed WiFi.