The Zicklin Executive MBA (EMBA) program has been designed to provide qualified executive students with the tools and skills necessary to lead their companies or businesses, and instill in them the abilities to successfully manage risks and challenges in the evolving marketplace. Building on its historic strengths, the EMBA curriculum emphasizes decision making and value creation, while reinforcing the importance of sustainability and social responsibility. Working executives will be prepared to meet new challenges in the crucial areas of big data, data analytics, risk management, and the digital economy. The curriculum draws heavily on the areas of strength of the Zicklin School of Business faculty and provides executives with a well-tailored program customized to their needs as business leaders in the 21st century.
- Accelerate your studies by earning your MBA degree in 20 months
- Accommodate your career with Saturday classes
- Learn from your cohort of experienced professionals and esteemed faculty
- Gain a global perspective with an international study experience
You will begin your EMBA experience with Boot Camp, a series of refresher modules in Microsoft Excel and statistics that prepare incoming Executive Program students for their graduate business education.
For students without a business education or background, Boot Camp establishes core business fundamentals. Boot Camp can also be a valuable asset to students with a formal business background by helping refresh concepts you’ve previously learned.
Boot Camp is an excellent opportunity to reactivate your classroom learning skills and propel you into the full Executive Program experience.
Boot Camp participation is optional and registration is limited; registration will be offered to new students based on date of enrollment confirmation, as space allows.
The program’s Academic Director (AD) works closely with faculty on the design and content of each course to ensure it best meets the program’s goals and standards. The AD also ensures that each course is well coordinated relative to others in the program so that your overall learning experience is as strong as possible.
FIRST YEAR: The foundations of business
In the first year, you will enhance your skills and build your knowledge of the foundations of business. You will gain tools to make key decisions as a business leader and skills to develop competitive business strategies in an ever-changing business environment. You will also strengthen your leadership and communications abilities to engage with diverse audiences effectively and convincingly.
- Marketing Management for Business Development
- Managing People and Organizations
- Communication Skills and Executive Presence
- Information Technology Strategy
- Managerial Statistics
- Managerial Economics for Executives
- Financial Reporting for Executives
- Financial Analysis and Decision Making
- Operations Management and Analysis
SECOND YEAR: Competing in a dynamic global economy
The second-year courses cover a wide range of topics, from entrepreneurship to innovation in large organizations. You will deepen your knowledge of the global competitive environment and learn how to analyze business information to expand the scale, scope, and complexity of the enterprise. You will also develop leadership and strategic skills to effectively manage the challenges of a rapidly changing global environment.
- Business Law and Ethics
- Entrepreneurial Strategy
- Business Analytics
- Strategy and Competitive Advantage
- Management Consulting: Perspectives from Client Engagements
- Leadership Development and Adaptive Performance
- Perspectives on Global Business / International Study Experience
NOTE: The elective courses are subject to modification as business conditions change and new challenges arise.