Advance your career in finance
Firms in every industry need finance executives with the knowledge, skills, and growth mindset required to face the challenges of new financial technologies and manage transformations in securities and markets as they develop and evolve in the future.
The dual degree Executive Masters of Science in Finance (EMSF) is designed for professionals with 5 or more years of business experience who are seeking to strengthen their career paths by enhancing their knowledge of finance and business.
The partners are the Brazilian International Business School (BRAIN) in São Paulo, Brazil, and the Zicklin School of Business (ZSB) in New York City, USA. Upon completing the program, you will earn two degrees: the Executive MS in Finance at Baruch College/CUNY, and an MS (or certificate) from BRAIN. You can see the program listing on BRAIN’s website here.
The program begins with foundational courses in corporate finance, quantitative methods, investments, and financial statement analysis. It then turns to advanced courses that are primarily case and practitioner based, and to topics related to modern developments in areas of derivatives, financial technology, risk management, and an introduction to financial engineering.
Earning your Executive MS in Finance will help you:
- Strengthen your knowledge of the fundamentals of corporate finance, investments, and derivatives.
- Gain the skills and growth mindset needed to manage future developments in financial technologies, securities, and markets.
- Expand your network of finance and business professionals in the global financial centers of São Paulo and New York City
- Witness transformations in the global arenas of finance and business in North and South America
- Program Credits: 30
- Program Length: 11 Months
- Classes meet 2 weekends per month (Saturday & Sunday)
- The weekend classes are complemented with distance learning before the first weekend and after the second.
- Focus on one course per-month
- Learn from your cohort of experienced professionals
- Administrative details of course registration are handled through the program
- GMAT/GRE waivers available
The dual-degree Executive MS in Finance in São Paulo is offered in partnership with the Zicklin School of Business and the Brazilian International Business School (BRAIN).
The Zicklin School of Business
The Zicklin School of Business at Baruch College is the flagship business school within The City University of New York (CUNY), the largest and most renowned urban university system in the United States. Established in 1847, the University has offered world-class academic programs taught by award-winning faculty for 170 years. The Zicklin School is home to renowned faculty and industry experts who shape business practices and futures worldwide. The campus is located in the heart of New York City’s borough of Manhattan, where numerous multinational corporations are based, and within easy reach of Midtown, Wall Street, and the Financial District.
The Zicklin School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
The Brazilian International Business School
The Brazilian International Business School (BRAIN) is an independent business school founded in São Paulo by a group of distinguished professors who bring their academic experience as well as their expertise as executives in the business world. Focusing on Finance and Entrepreneurship, Brain Business School is dedicated to educating individuals and helping companies develop their talent, so that they can better achieve sustainable growth through superior execution and performance.
Located in São Paulo’s most vibrant corporate area, the classrooms are equipped with the latest technology including audio-video conferencing, LCD projectors, and high-speed WiFi.