Zicklin Graduate Admissions

Scholarships & Financial Aid

Merit-Based Awards

Zicklin Scholarships

The Zicklin School of Business offers merit-based full, half, and quarter-tuition  scholarships on a competitive basis to Full-Time MBA students. A limited number of College scholarships are also available to graduate students – further details on Baruch’s internal scholarships website.

Outside Scholarships

You may be eligible for a specific scholarship or grant from an outside organization. Some sources to explore are employers, unions, professional organizations, community and special interest groups. Usually these are one-time awards given to high school graduates who have received them on the basis of academic achievement, though some have other criteria and can apply to graduate programs.

 More about Outside Scholarships

Military Benefits

Baruch College is ranked in the top 10% for the Best Schools for Vets in terms of veteran friendliness.

Baruch’s appointed veterans’ affairs representatives work with veteran students to ensure they are receiving appropriate educational and financial aid benefits. Visit Baruch’s Veterans’ Benefits website to schedule a consultation regarding your VA benefits.

Federal Financial Aid

Filing your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) determines eligibility for Federal Loans and Federal Work-Study. Submit your FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov using Baruch College Federal Code: 007273. Use your FSA ID to electronically sign the FAFSA and allow at least 5 business days for Baruch College to receive your application. You will receive an email with your SAR (Student Aid Report) from FAFSA within this time. Be sure to review your SAR and make any corrections if necessary.

Federal Direct Loans

Federal Direct Loans are low-interest loans for students and parents to help pay for the cost of a student’s education after high school. The lender is the U.S. Department of Education, though the entity (loan servicer) you deal with can be a private business.

Stafford Unsubsidized Loan Graduate PLUS Loan
  • Eligible students may borrow up to $20,500 per aid year
  • There is no requirement to demonstrate financial need as long as you are within your Cost of Attendance (COA)
  • Interest accrues during your enrollment
  • Must be enrolled and attend at least half-time each semester to qualify
  • A credit check will be performed during the application process
  • If you have an adverse credit history, you must obtain an endorser
  • Eligible students who have exceeded their maximum unsubsidized loan amount of $20,500 and need additional funds to meet their Cost of Attendance (COA) may apply


Federal Work-Study

Work-Study is a federally funded program that provides job opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students who are eligible to participate in need based financial aid programs. Work-Study student workers will be placed in various departments on and off campus, to help offset a portion of their educational expenses. To be considered for Federal Work Study, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and indicate on the FAFSA your interest in Federal Work Study as part of your financial aid.

Learn More about Financial Aid


Educational Alternative/Private Loans

Private student loans are non-federal loans, made by a lender such as a bank, credit union or state agency. They have variable or fixed interest rates based upon the student’s credit score.
Most lenders offer the option of obtaining a co-signer for the student loan. Please note that the University cannot act as a co-signer or sponsor for either domestic or international students.