Master Data. Don’t Let It Master You.
“Everyone is talking about data and harnessing data to help them drive their businesses. Zicklin was offering a business analytics program that I was looking for and the program is a great amalgamation of data and business. Doing my Master’s at Zicklin has been one of my best investments,” says Shilpa Paidighantom (’22)
Mehdi Lahlou Charki came to America from France in 2015 to earn a BBA in Finance at the Zicklin School, then stayed on for an MS in Business Analytics (MSBA). “Zicklin opens its doors to students from many different backgrounds,” Mehdi says. “The MSBA program is very well structured, and because it doesn’t require prior experience in programming and computing, I’ve been able to get comfortable with new skills.”
Big Data is defining the 21st century. Organizations that can master this data deluge and take advantage of the insights generated by data analytics have tremendous advantage over their competition. As a result, professionals with rigorous training in the expert interpretation of data, who can initiate and evaluate Business Analytics projects, are in high demand.
Zicklin’s specialized Master’s in Business Analytics (MSBA) equips business professionals with the tools necessary to manage data ethically for business success. Students will become expert data analysts who can explore patterns, reveal trends, uncover relationships, and transform data into a catalyst for business growth. More critically, they will also gain the knowledge needed to initiate and evaluate projects that harness this deluge of data.
The MSBA opens the door to exciting new careers in the fast-growing fields of data science and business analytics.
The degree is designed for students who are analytically capable. Students are introduced to core concepts in Business Analytics with a set of required courses, and then specialize in one of three tracks – data analytics, marketing analytics, or accounting analytics.
- Specializations in data analytics. marketing analytics, or accounting analytics
- Curriculum closely tied to business practices reflecting the rapid changes in technologies and skill-sets
- Prepares students for careers in various industries, including accounting, finance, marketing, technology, healthcare, public service, and education
- Offers hands-on experience using the latest software tools and programming languages, such as R, Python, Rapid Miner, Hadoop, Spark and SQL
- STEM extension for international students
- Full-time students can expect to complete the degree requirements in 3 semesters
The Zicklin Advantage
- Flexibility – Take classes in the evening and complete your degree on a part-time or full-time schedule.
- Midtown Location – Experience the energy and opportunity that New York City brings to our centrally located Manhattan campus.
- Career and Professional Development – Take advantage of the suite of services offered by our Graduate Career Management Center, designed to provide you with the tools, resources, and connections necessary to successfully manage your career.
Visa Extension for STEM International Students
The MS in Business Analytics conforms to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) program that qualifies eligible international graduates on student visas for an optional practical training extension of 24-months. Find out more here.
“Big Data is defining the 21st century. The data revolution is here, and this cutting-edge program will help students and organizations manage the transformation successfully.”
Nanda Kumar, PhD
We are seeking candidates with strong analytical skills. The admissions committee holistically evaluates all required application documents, including GMAT or GRE scores, academic transcripts, resume, essays, and letters of recommendation.
Are you a manager with five or more years of business experience? Consider our Executive MS in Information Systems with a concentration in data analytics.