Students do not have to apply for graduation to enroll in BPL 5100. However, students must Apply for Graduation to be reviewed for graduation and a degree audit to be conducted.
ALL the following requirements must be met to enroll in BPL 5100:
- Completion of at least 105 credits by the start of the semester that you will take BPL 5100.
- Credits applied on Degree Works include credits completed + credits in-progress.
- Completion of all the following Zicklin Core business base courses.
- ACC 2203 (for non-Accounting majors) or ACC 3200 (for Accounting majors and students who completed the course before switching out of Accounting)
- FIN 3000
- MGT 3120
- MKT 3000
- OPM 3000 (formerly MGT 3121)
- Completion of, OR concurrent enrollment (not waitlisted), in the capstone course for your major.
- If your major is not listed below, you cannot enroll for BPL 5100.
There are no exceptions.
Dropping the below co-requisite major course(s) for your major will drop you from BPL 5100 as well.
|Accountancy||Pre/Co-req: ACC 5400|
|Computer Information Systems – General CIS||Pre/Co-req: CIS 5800|
|Computer Information Systems – Data Analytics||Pre/Co-req: CIS 4400|
|Computer Information Systems – Information Risk Management and Cybersecurity||Pre/Co-req: CIS 4350|
|Economics||Pre-req: ECO 3100 and ECO 3200 and ECO 4000 AND
Pre/Co-req: ECO 4100 or ECO 4200 or ECO 4201 or ECO 4051 or ECO 4010 or ECO 4120
|Finance||Pre/Co-req: FIN 4610 or FIN 4710|
|Industrial/Organizational Psychology||Pre/Co-req: PSY 4010 or PSY 4013 or PSY 4181 or PSY 4182 or PSY 4183 or PSY 4184 or PSY 4185|
|International Business||Pre/Co-req: IBS 5750|
|Management – Entrepreneurship||Pre/Co-req: MGT 5985|
|Management – Human Resource Management||Pre/Co-req: MGT 3300 AND MGT 3800 AND MGT 4400|
|Management – Operations Management||Pre/Co-req: OPM 4500 (formerly MGT 4500)|
|Marketing – Advertising and Marketing Communications||Pre/Co-req: MKT 5750|
|Marketing – Digital Marketing||Pre/Co-req: MKT 5750|
|Marketing – General Marketing||Pre/Co-req: MKT 5750|
|Marketing – International Marketing||Pre/Co-req: MKT 5750|
|Marketing – Marketing Analytics||Pre/Co-req: MKT 5750|
|Real Estate||Pre/Co-req: RES 3900 AND (RES 4093 or RES 4200 or RES 4400 or RES 4550 or RES 4900)|
|Statistics and Quantitative Modeling||Pre/Co-req: (CIS 3100 or STA 3000) AND OPR 3450 AND (STA 3155 or STA 4155)|
Students can use the waitlist feature when a class is full. Students are allowed to be waitlisted for a maximum of 8 units in any given semester. All waitlists are processed through CUNYfirst on a first-come, first-served basis. For detailed information on waitlists, please go here.
Using the SWAP feature to add your name onto the waitlist
If you are already enrolled in a BPL 5100 section and would like to add your name to the waitlist of another section, please use the SWAP feature. The SWAP feature will allow you to retain the seat you already have until you get a seat in the waitlisted section. In the case that you don’t get into the waitlisted section, you still have a seat in a section.
ONLY enroll or waitlist for preferred sections. DO NOT enroll for a backup section if it does not work with your schedule.
Other reasons to use the SWAP feature:
1) Already enrolled in a course that has a time conflict with an open or waitlisted course.
2) Already enrolled in the maximum allowed number of units/credits for the semester.
3) Swapping between 2 different courses
Students enrolled in any of the Five Business Base courses on e-Permit the semester/session before enrollment for BPL 5100 or during the winter intersession or Summer I AND meet requirements (A, B, and C), may submit a request for permission to enroll in BPL 5100 for the next semester/session. Submit a request ONLY after you are enrolled for the business base course at the other CUNY college or in Winter/Summer I.
Students must have ALL of the above requirements (A, B, and C) to take BPL5100, there are no exceptions.