Students can use the waitlist feature when a class is full and a waitlist option is available. Students are allowed to be waitlisted for a maximum of 8 units in any given semester. All waitlists are processed through CUNYfirst on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you’ve read the information below and still have a question:
Final Semester Zicklin Students
*Special consideration will be given to FINAL semester Zicklin students that are on the waitlist or if the waitlist is full (Business Courses ONLY). Students already enrolled in a course and are requesting for a seat in another section of the same course will be skipped. Submitting a request does not guarantee a seat in the preferred section. Final semester Zicklin students can request special consideration online. When submitting a senior request form, please include the course, section, and class number (example: CIS 5800, BMWA, 12461).
Use the SWAP feature when necessary to ensure that you are not skipped on the waitlist. You can only SWAP at the time of wait-listing.
Swapping into a waitlist allows students to retain a seat in one class until they get a seat from the waitlist in a different class or section. Swapping from an enrolled course into a waitlist DOES NOT GUARANTEE a seat in the waitlisted section. Students will get a seat in a waitlisted section according to position number, seat availability, and completion of pre-reqs.
Example: If a student has a seat in CIS2200 section A but prefers a seat in CIS2200 section B, the student can use the SWAP feature to keep his seat in section A until a seat becomes available for him in the waitlisted section B.
There are no instant updates to the waitlist when a seat becomes available in a section. The waitlists are processed manually every 3-4 days (more frequently as it gets closer to the start of the semester), and the next eligible student on the list will be auto-enrolled if there is an available seat. The student enrolled into a section from the waitlist will be notified via their CUNYfirst preferred email. Frequently check your Baruch email. Students should also routinely check their CUNYfirst schedule to see if auto-enrollment in a waitlisted course has occurred.
- Professors and departments are not permitted to grant registration permission for closed/waitlisted sections.
- Being waitlisted does not guarantee a seat in the course. You cannot attend a course until you are officially enrolled in it.
- Waitlists are processed up until the last business day before the semester starts. See for dates.
- There will be no more waitlists during late registration. See for dates.
Note: You can only SWAP at the time of wait-listing. SWAPs cannot be done after the fact of wait-listing.
|You are already enrolled in a section, BUT then also waitlist in another section of the same course without using the SWAP feature. You will be skipped on the waitlist.|
|You are waitlisted for a section of a course. Then you enroll in an open section of the same course. You will be dropped from the waitlist.|
|There is a time conflict between an enrolled course and the waitlisted course and you didn’t use the SWAP feature. You will be skipped on the waitlist.|
Enrollment in the waitlisted course will exceed the maximum number of allowed units for the semester. You will be skipped on the waitlist.:
· Maximum 18 units for Spring/Fall
· Maximum two courses for Winter session
· Maximum two courses per summer session (a Summer 3 course counts as a Summer 2 course)
** You will also be SKIPPED if you didn’t pass the pre-requisite(s) OR are not enrolled in the co-requisite(s) **
Dropped from Waitlist – Common Scenario
- Enrolled in ACC 3000 Section A
- Then Swapped ACC 3000 Section A for two waitlisted ACC 3000 sections (B and C)
- The waitlist of section C gets to your position
- Student is swapped out of Section A and enrolled into Section C. Your waitlist in Section B will be automatically dropped at the same time.
Check the checkbox when adding the course to your enrollment shopping cart.
On CUNYfirst, go to Student Services Center -> My Class Schedule to see a list of your waitlisted classes and your position number.
From the enrollment screen on CUNYfirst:
Or from the Student Center: