Students can use the waitlist feature when a class is full and a waitlist option is available. Students are allowed to be waitlisted for a maximum of 8 units in any given semester. All waitlists are processed through CUNYfirst on a first-come, first-served basis.
Final Semester Zicklin Students
*Special consideration will be given to FINAL semester Zicklin students that are on the waitlist or if the waitlist is full (Business Courses ONLY). Students already enrolled in a course and are requesting for a seat in another section of the same course will be skipped. Submitting a request does not guarantee a seat in the preferred section. Final semester Zicklin students can request special consideration online. When submitting a senior request form, please include the course, section, and class number (example: CIS 5800, BMWA, 12461).
Graduating Senior Course Request
Use the SWAP feature when necessary to ensure that you are not skipped on the waitlist. You can only SWAP at the time of wait-listing.
Swapping into a waitlist allows students to retain a seat in one class until they get a seat from the waitlist in a different class or section. Swapping from an enrolled course into a waitlist DOES NOT GUARANTEE a seat in the waitlisted section. Students will get a seat in a waitlisted section according to position number, seat availability, and completion of pre-reqs.
Example: If a student has a seat in CIS2200 section A but prefers a seat in CIS2200 section B, the student can use the SWAP feature to keep his seat in section A until a seat becomes available for him in the waitlisted section B.
There are no instant updates to the waitlist when a seat becomes available in a section. The waitlists are processed manually every 3-4 days (more frequently as it gets closer to the start of the semester), and the next eligible student on the list will be auto-enrolled if there is an available seat. The student enrolled into a section from the waitlist will be notified via their CUNYfirst preferred email. Frequently check your Baruch email. Students should also routinely check their CUNYfirst schedule to see if auto-enrollment in a waitlisted course has occurred.
- Professors and departments are not permitted to grant registration permission for closed/waitlisted sections.
- Being waitlisted does not guarantee a seat in the course. You cannot attend a course until you are officially enrolled in it.
- Waitlists are processed up until the last business day before the semester starts. See Registrar academic calendar for dates.
- There will be no more waitlists during late registration. See Registrar academic calendar for dates.
Note: You can only SWAP at the time of wait-listing. SWAPs cannot be done after the fact of wait-listing.
|You are already enrolled in a section, BUT then also waitlist in another section of the same course without using the SWAP feature. You will be skipped on the waitlist.|
|You are waitlisted for a section of a course. Then you enroll in an open section of the same course. You will be dropped from the waitlist.|
|There is a time conflict between an enrolled course and the waitlisted course and you didn’t use the SWAP feature. You will be skipped on the waitlist.|
Enrollment in the waitlisted course will exceed the maximum number of allowed units for the semester. You will be skipped on the waitlist.:
· Maximum 18 units for Spring/Fall
· Maximum two courses for Winter session
· Maximum two courses per summer session (a Summer 3 course counts as a Summer 2 course)
** You will also be SKIPPED if you didn’t pass the pre-requisite(s) OR are not enrolled in the co-requisite(s) **
Dropped from Waitlist – Common Scenario
- Enrolled in ACC 3000 Section A
- Then Swapped ACC 3000 Section A for two waitlisted ACC 3000 sections (B and C)
- The waitlist of section C gets to your position
- Student is swapped out of Section A and enrolled into Section C. Your waitlist in Section B will be automatically dropped at the same time.
Check the checkbox when adding the course to your enrollment shopping cart.
On CUNYfirst, go to Student Services Center -> My Class Schedule to see a list of your waitlisted classes and your position number.
From the enrollment screen on CUNYfirst:
Or from the Student Center: