Undergraduate admissions into the Zicklin School of Business depends on students meeting certain eligibility requirements. An application is not required to enter the school; however, in order to be considered for admission, students must have an intended Zicklin plan (major) on their CUNYfirst account. Students who fulfill requirements below will be reviewed for admission after all semester grades are in. Find out more about the admissions process and eligibility requirements below.
Prospective students not already admitted into Baruch College should contact Baruch Undergraduate Admissions.
If you’ve read the information below and still have a question:
Intended Plan Check
In order to be considered for admission, students must have an intended Zicklin BBA plan (major) on their CUNYfirst account. Students can check their CUNYfirst Student Center (click “My Academics” link) to see if their plan (major) is correct.
- Students who have “Undeclared” as their plan or have an intended plan in the Weissman School or School of Public Affairs but wish to be admitted into Zicklin must go to the Registrar’s Office to change their plan (major). Students may fill out an intended major form, and submit the completed form to the Registrar’s Office.
- Students who have been officially admitted into the Weissman School or the School of Public Affairs must first visit that School’s Dean’s Office to have their “Officially Accepted” service indicator released and student group inactivated from CUNYfirst and then submit an intended major form to change their plan at the Registrar’s Office.
Review Process & Acceptance
Admission review begins after the previous semester’s final grades are posted and are processed in batches within two weeks. Students whose grades are posted late or have grade changes will be reviewed before the start of registration for the next semester.
You can check your Zicklin acceptance status on your CUNYfirst Student Center. There will be a star symbol (positive service indicator) at the top of your CUNYfirst Student Center. Your “Holds” box will show “Accepted into Official Major.” Find out how to check your admissions status here.
- Completion of COM 1010 Speech Communication and ENG 2150 Writing II
- Completion of 8 pre-business courses with a minimum 2.25 GPA1, 2
- ACC 2101 Principles of Accounting
- CIS 2200 Introduction to Information Systems and Technologies
- ECO 1001 Microeconomics
- ECO 1002 Macroeconomics
- ENG 2100 Writing I
- LAW 1101 Fundamentals of Business Law
- Calculus—MTH 2205/2207/2610 (or equivalent)
- STA 2000 Business Statistics I
- Completion of at least 45 credits with an overall Baruch GPA3, 4 of 2.25 or higher
1 AP credits will not be used in calculating the GPA.
2 Transferred credit grades will be used in calculating the GPA with the exception of international grades which are not transferred.
3 New transfer students who have completed all pre-business courses will be eligible for admission to Zicklin despite the fact that they do not have a Baruch GPA.
4 Students with unresolved INC or PEN grades will not be evaluated for admission until those grades are resolved.
Transfer Credits and e-Permit Grades
It is the student’s responsibility to:
- Transfer students should follow up with the Transfer Center if there are any missing transfer grades. Additionally, incoming transfer students who are completing their pre-business courses at their previous school must wait until theses grades have been submitted and appear on their CUNYfirst Baruch transcript to be evaluated for Zicklin eligibility.
- Students taking any last pre-business courses on permit at another institution must ensure their final grades are sent to Baruch College’s Registrar’s Office. Permit grades have to appear on students’ Baruch transcript in order to be evaluated for Zicklin eligibility.