The Zicklin Undergraduate Honors Program is the only honors program at Baruch College that is focused exclusively on business education. Its mission is to help the best and brightest Zicklin students become polished professionals who can compete effectively in the job market and go on to become leaders in their fields. To this end, Zicklin Honors offers advanced interdisciplinary seminars, networking opportunities, and skill-building workshops. We have partnered with Executives on Campus to provide each student with an executive mentor. We welcome applications from all Zicklin students with a minimum GPA of 3.6 who desire to work hard, accomplish a lot, and participate actively in our program.
Each spring Zicklin Honors grants up to 5 Merit Awards (ranging from $1,500 – $2,500 each), funded by the Zicklin Honors Advisory Board. Zicklin Honors students with a 3.75 GPA who have completed 2 Zicklin Honors courses are eligible to apply.
For further information, please contact us at Zicklin.Honors@baruch.cuny.edu or (646) 312-3080.
- First-day registration
- Personal attention and advisement
- Small, discussion-oriented classes
- Individual mentors who guide students throughout their careers in Zicklin
- Exposure to successful executives in a variety of business fields
- A small community experience within the Zicklin School
- Access to the Honors Lounge and study areas
- Special skill-building workshops
Upcoming Semester Activities
- Welcome Back Pizza Party
- ZUHP Alumni Networking Luncheons
- Executive Mentoring Luncheons
- Office and Dining Etiquette Training
Zicklin Honors’ innovative curriculum is built around the general minor with honors in Advanced Business Analysis, a group of special interdisciplinary seminars designed to work in conjunction with the traditional discipline-based majors. Students are required to take four of these seminars and an honors section of BPL 5100H in order to meet the academic requirements of the Program.
The general minor with honors in Advanced Business Analysis consists of 15 credits as described below:
Required Courses (6 credits)
|Case Studies in Business
|Honors – Business Policy
Elective Courses (6 credits)
In addition to the required courses, an Advance Business Analysis minor student must take a meaningful combination of two of the program’s Zicklin Honors electives.
Note: Course offerings vary from semester to semester.
Examples of Special Honors Topics in Business (BUS 4093H) offered in recent years:
- Essence of Corporate Valuation
- Practical Data Analysis for Business
- Foreign Policy Association – Great Decisions
- Leadership and Managerial Skills
- Business Consulting
Capstone course (3 credits)