Baruch College Zicklin School of Business logo Zicklin Logo
Personal tools


How do I apply?

The Zicklin School of Business accepts online applications only. All admissions requirements, with the exception of transcripts and test scores, can be submitted online.

All admissions requirements must be submitted by the appropriate term deadline to receive a decision. Applications are considered complete when all required materials are received by the admissions office. Upon completion, decisions can be made in approximately 2-3 weeks.

What are the Standardized Test Requirements?

All applicants are required to take either the GMAT or GRE and submit official scores for consideration. The exam (either GMAT or GRE) must be within 5 years of the beginning of the term for which you are applying.

Applicants educated outside the United States and/or whose native language is not English are required to submit scores from the TOEFL iBT, the  PTE (Pearson Test of English), or the IELTS. Exams must be within 2 years of the beginning of the term for which you are applying.

The Zicklin School of Business code to be used for all standardized tests is 2034.
Baruch's School of Continuing and Professional Studies offers affordable preparation courses for both the GMAT and GRE.

What makes an application competitive?


The Admissions Committee considers all applications on a holistic basis, all aspects are interconnected and together inform us who a candidate is as a whole. The areas of consideration for your application are Academic History and Profile, Work/Life Experiences, and Career Goals and Expectations. As you prepare your application, keep these elements in mind and be sure each aspect of your application supports these areas of consideration.

Demonstrated work experience is a very crucial component of your application. Our MBA or MS applicants are encouraged to work for several years before applying. Full-Time MBA Applicants generally apply with at least two years of work experience.

Recommendation letters provide us another point of view on individual's candidacy. It is particularly beneficial to displaying performance in the professional environment. We recommend that at least one recommended be a current or recent professional contact, such as a supervisor or manager. Personal references, relatives, co-workers or staff you have supervised are not appropriate choices.

While we do not set specific minimum requirements, the profile of accepted student averages can help give you a greater understanding of what guidelines to use when assessing your application for admission.

What do International applicants need to know?

What is the procedure to submit official transcripts?

What is the procedure to submit official transcripts?

Applicants educated outside of the United States must also submit official transcripts from each institution attended.  Additionally,
applicants with documents from this list of countries will need to provide an educational evaluation by an external agency. The pre-approved NACES organizations that are familiar with our requests are:

Who needs to submit English Language Proficiency Examinations?

Applicants educated outside the United States are required to submit scores from an English language proficiency exam.  We accept either the TOEFL iBT, the (PTE) Pearson Test of English, or the IELTS. We recommend exams be taken at least 15 days before the appropriate deadline.

How can I transfer credits?

Applicants may be able to transfer credits from a prior graduate program toward their degree at Zicklin, subject to approval by relevant academic departments and the Office of Graduate Academic Services, and other restrictions. The credit transfer policy is subject to change without prior notification.

Are there English or communication courses required?

The English Language Waiver exam is required of all International and Domestic students that have not had their entire formal education under English instruction.

Students who meet any of the following criteria must sit for the English Waiver Exam:

  1. Received bachelor's degree outside the United States, English speaking Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, or New Zealand.

If you feel you should be waived out of the English Language Waiver Exam, you will need to provide ALL of the following documentation:

  1. Elementary School documents (Kindergarten through 6th grade) from a U.S. school.
  2. Middle School or Junior High School documents from a U.S. school
  3. High School documents from a U.S. school

If you are required to submit the TOEFL, PTE, or IELTS as part of your application for admissions, you are REQUIRED to enroll in the Business Communications courses.  MS students who successfully pass the English Waiver Exam or produce documentation of English language instruction from each institution attended from Elementary School to your last degree can be waived from the Business Communications requirement.

cuny Logo cuny Logo
Baruch College/CUNY | Zicklin School Of Business | 646-312-1000 | Copyright © 2014
One Bernard Baruch Way, New York, NY 10010 ( 55 Lexington Avenue at East 24th Street, NYC )

FAQ | News | Events Listing | About This Website | Text Only