- The required marketing core courses (MKT 9703 Data-Driven Marketing Management, MKT 9702 Marketing Research, MKT 9716 Consumer Behavior, and MKT 9759 Marketing Consulting Practicum) are the same for all marketing concentrations and are generally offered every Fall/Spring semester.
- MKT 9702 Market Research has the preliminary course: STA 9708 as a prerequisite.
- Students who are required to complete STA 9708 should prioritize taking it within the first two semesters.
- MKT courses are not generally offered in Summer.
Students admitted Spring 2022 or later:
STA 9708: is waived based on completion of 6 credits of undergraduate statistics coursework, with a minimum grade average of B-.
Students admitted prior to Fall 2021:
STA 9708 Waived Based on 3 Credits (one course) of Statistics (Provisional) STA 9708 Waived Based on 6 Credits (two courses) of Statistics (Fully Waived)
- The official waiver of STA 9708 will not be posted on your transcript.
- You will need to request permission to enroll in MKT 9702 (email ZicklinMSprograms@baruch.cuny.edu).
- If you decide that you want to take upper-level STA courses, then you must enroll in STA 9708.
- The official STA 9708 waiver will be posted on your transcript.
- This will allow you to enroll in upper-level STA courses that have STA 9708 as a prerequisite.
If required, STA 9708 does not apply towards the 30 credits required for your degree.
All students who were admitted in Fall 2021 were reviewed for the STA 9708 waiver under the spring 2022 effective curriculum.