Students should select their first semester courses based on their preliminary course waivers.
Note that students should complete BUS 9551 Business Communication within their first two semesters, and can add an open section to their first semester schedule.
CALC I – WAIVED
|CALC I – WAIVED
STA 9708 – REQUIRED
|CALC I – REQUIRED
STA 9708 – WAIVED
CALC I – REQUIRED
* While Calculus II is not an official preliminary course, the advising team will review your prior transcripts for advanced calculus (Calculus II) when reviewing your records for STA 9708 and Calculus I.
** Calculus I is an undergraduate course and the grade is not calculated in the grade poin average (GPA).
As both Calculus I and II are undergraduate courses, graduate students need to request permission to enroll by emailing ZicklinMSAdvising@baruch.cuny.edu.
MS students will receive an email from the advising team with more specific information related to your program requirements. New students should note that evaluations will be sent to the same email address that you used to apply to your degree program.
Students with appropriate academic background will be able to reduce the number of credits in preliminary requirements.
|STA 9708||Applied Statistical Analysis for Business Decisions||3|
*MTH 2207 is an undergraduate course. Entering students are strongly encouraged to complete a minimum of three credits of calculus before starting the MS program in order to waive this math requirement.
Waivers based on prior course work:
- Calculus I: is waived based on completion of 3-4 credits of undergraduate calculus I [not pre-calculus], with a minimum grade of C-.
- STA 9708: is waived based on completion of 6 credits of undergraduate statistics, with a minimum grade average of B-.
Please email ZicklinMSAdvising@baruch.cuny.edu to request permission to enroll in Calculus I and/or Calculus II.
- Please note you cannot take both Calculus I and Calculus II at the same time.
- You must complete, or have been waived from Calculus I, in order to be able to register for Calculus II.
- Calculus I & II are undergraduate courses and the grades are not calculated in the grade point average (GPA).
FOR BARUCH STUDENTS ONLY:
This only applies for courses that have Calculus II as a prerequisite.
- Students who took MTH 2207 will take MTH 3006 as the second calculus course.
- Students who took MTH 2610 will take MTH 3010 as the second calculus course.
If you plan to take STA 9715 Applied Probability or STA 9719 Foundations of Statistical Inference for your electives, calculus is very important. Even if you are waived from Calculus I and Calculus II, it is imperative that you review and know your calculus well before attending these classes. Here is a link to a very thorough Calculus Tutorial which you should go through and practice before classes begins. https://www.khanacademy.org/math/calculus-home
Students who have completed calculus more than 5 years ago may want to consider repeating calculus.
If you are required to take Calculus I (or Calculus II for advanced electives), note that they are undergraduate courses and the grades are not calculated in the grade point average [GPA].