Graduate Advisement Hub

Zicklin School of Business

International Students

➤ Registration and Degree Progress
  • International students on a F-1 or J-1 visa must be enrolled in a full-time course load every fall and spring semester.
    • Full-time enrollment at the graduate-level is 9 or more credits.
    • Students do not have to enroll in summer.
  • Students in their last semester only have to enroll in courses/credits required to fulfill degree.
    • If an international student is registered for less than 9 credits in their last semester (Fall or Spring), then they must fill out a Reduced Course Load (RCL) Form.
  • Students should only take courses toward their degree.
  • Students on F-1 Visas are limited to one online course per semester.  Remaining courses should be in-person or hybrid.
    • Click the button below to learn more about which modalities count as in-person vs online.

Course Modalities/Mode of Instruction

International Student Service Center 

The International Student Service Center (ISSC) coordinates administrative services and immigration and visa matters for the international students at Baruch College. ISSC also offers information on study abroad programs and arranges programs of special interest to international students.

International Forms

Students who require an advisor’s signature for a Reduced Course Load (RCL) or Optional Practical Training (OPT) should send the form to the program inbox of their respective advising team.

Note that there is a processing time for all submissions and forms are typically reviewed and completed on Fridays.

Registration for Internship / Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

MBA and MS students may be able to take internship credits to count towards their degree requirements.  Additionally, students who receive an internship offer may be required to register for course credit through the Graduate Internship Course.  Students on an F-1 visa requiring Curricular Practical Training (CPT) to work at an internship must register for the Graduate Internship Course.

Contact the Graduate Career Management Center (GCMC) for complete information and instructions.