Thank you for using the Zicklin School of Business on-line application to the Graduate Committee on Academic Standing (GCAS) to appeal a decision relating to your academic standing and/or scholastic requirements.
Meeting Dates and Deadlines:
|Meeting Date||Submission Deadline (by 5pm)|
|Tuesday, August 29, 2023||Thursday, August 10, 2023|
|Thursday, September 28, 2023||Thursday, September 14, 2023|
|Thursday, October 19, 2023||Thursday, October 5, 2023|
|Thursday, November 30, 2023||Thursday, November 16, 2023|
|Thursday, December 21, 2023||Thursday, December 7, 2023|
|Thursday, January 25, 2024||Thursday, January 11, 2024|
|Thursday, February 22, 2024||Thursday, February 8, 2024|
|Thursday, March 28, 2024||Thursday, March 14, 2024|
|Thursday, April 25, 2024||Thursday, April 11, 2024|
|Thursday, May 30, 2024||Thursday, May 16, 2024|
|Thursday, June 27, 2024||Thursday, June 13, 2024|
Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 dates will be posted later in August.
Submitting an appeal:
Please use the online application found below to submit your appeal application. When completing you application, please refer to the following guidelines:
- Clearly express what you are requesting in your appeal statement.
- Provide documents that support your appeal. This can be medical/mental health records, a letter from your healthcare provider, or any evidence of personal hardship (like a death certificate of a loved one). An appeal request that does not include any documentation is unlikely to be approved.
- Please submit your support documents in the space provided in the application. If you have additional documents that exceed the allotted upload space, please submit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students do not appear before the committee.
- Submission of an appeal does not guarantee a favorable outcome. Please understand that this is a serious process and should be treated as such.
- For a late withdrawal appeal, provide the reason why you were unable to withdraw by the deadline to do so.
- For a reinstatement appeal, it may be helpful to think of your statement in terms of “past, present, future”. Be sure to address the following three points, documenting all you can:
- What were the “past” circumstances that contributed to your academic difficulties?
- Have those circumstances changed? What is different in the “present”?
- How do you plan to successfully complete your degree in the “future”? Provide a detailed plan explaining how you will remedy prior obstacles to success and complete your remaining degree requirements.
After the application is submitted an email confirmation will be sent to you via the email address(es) provided in the application. The committee coordinator will review your application prior to the meeting. If additional information is required, you will contacted via email to provide such information or documentation. Please be sure to check your email regularly to ensure you are presenting the best appeal you can.
You can expect to receive your appeal decision via email, usually 1-2 business days following the scheduled meeting.
For students approved to register for the upcoming semester or summer session, the academic hold will also need to be lifted by the Office of the Registrar. This clearance will be processed as soon as possible, but allow at least 5 to 7 days for the registration hold to be lifted after receipt of the decision by the Office of the Registrar.
If you have questions about the appeals process, please email email@example.com. If you have questions about your academic progress please contact your MBA or MS program advisors or Executive program academic directors.