Graduate Advisement Hub

Zicklin School of Business

Replacement of F grade

Students who fail a course may opt to retake the course and replace the original grade in their GPA.

  • Students must repeat a failed course if it is required in the program. Elective courses do not have to be repeated.
  • If a failed course is repeated and a grade of B- or better is earned, a student may petition the Registrar’s Office to replace the F grade in the GPA with the new grade.
    • The originally earned F will remain on the transcript.
  • The F replacement can only be used one time.