The Zicklin Grad Buddies Program is designed to build a strong and supportive relationship/network between continuing Zicklin students and incoming students. Through the partnership with a continuing student, incoming students will be able to navigate through their graduate experience in the Zicklin School of Business.
By having a designated “buddy”, the goal is to help incoming students have a smooth transition into the Zicklin community and to help create opportunities that support collaborative learning among peers. Beyond fostering student engagement, the Zicklin Grad Buddies Program serves as a key platform in cultivating meaningful connections between continuing and incoming Zicklin students.
- Evening MBA Students: must have completed minimum 9 credits in the program & have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Must be enrolled at Zicklin.
- Evening MBA Accountancy Students: must have completed minimum 9 credits in the program & have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Must be enrolled at Zicklin.
- MS Program Students: must have completed minimum 9 credits in the program & have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Must be enrolled at Zicklin.
- Serve as a sincere and positive source of support to help 1st semester students adjust to the Zicklin community and help establish a sense of belonging
- Serve as a resource for 1st semester students by helping them identify and use appropriate campus services
- Share insights and perspectives based on your own academic and student life experience to 1st semester students
- Continuing student (buddy) and 1st semester student (newbie) are required to have minimum TWO meetings throughout the semester
By participating in the Zicklin Grad Buddies Program, students will have the opportunity to:
- Serve as a crucial and influential part of their peers academic journey
- Share and exchange valuable insights, knowledge, tips, and experiences
- Connect with a diverse group of students, build strong relationships, & expand their Zicklin network
- Model positive habits, behaviors, & attitudes for academic, professional, and personal success
- Contribute to transforming campus community culture
If you have questions about the program or would like to apply, please contact:
Assistant Director of Graduate Programs