The FT is read daily by businesses, politicians, and academics around the world. The FT covers a variety of topics, including finance, management, international law, politics, and economics, all from a global perspective. The FT is where you can turn for the latest on the coronavirus and its impact on markets, business, and everyday life.
How do I set up an account?
Students and faculty can create FT.com accounts on this page: ft.com/baruch
Once your account is set up, you can log into FT.com from anywhere and use the same credentials
across multiple devices, including the app.
If you already have a registered FT.com account, please input your university email address and the system will recognize your email address and auto-populate the form. Update the information if necessary and fill the missing fields to transfer your registered account to the new license.
Please check your inbox and follow the prompts provided by the automated confirmation email.
Do you have an intro to FT.com video I can watch?
Can I customize FT.com? Can I receive news alerts?
Yes, and yes! The myFT hub allows you to set up a customized news page using the Topics available on
FT.com. Once your Topics are set up, you can set up daily or weekly alerts.
1. To choose topics , enter keywords in the search bar, or use Topics listed within an article you are
reading. Topics are bolded in red or blue. Topics can be countries , companies , themes , or
2. To set up alerts , go to the Contact preferences page in your myFT hub and make sure you are
subscribed to the myFT Email Digest. You can choose Daily or Weekly delivery (Fridays).
How can I set up a virtual reading list?
1. Go to https://www.ft.com/myft/lists and click on Create list. Give your list a name, and click
2. To add articles , click on the Save icon on the left side of any article page to add it to your list
3. To share the list link , go to your list via the Saved articles tab in myFT. Set the list to Public at
the top of the page. Click Share, and right click to copy the list, which you can then share with
Is there an app I can use?
Apps are found in the iOs app store or Google play. You can use your FT.com credentials to log in.
What else should I know?
We have some great newsletters that we recommend you take a look at here:
Looking for specific content?
Contact Rebecca Garfinkel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have customer support?
Yes – our technical support is 24/5 days a week. You can reach them at email@example.com
Top tips to get you started:
• Download the FT app on your mobile or tablet device
• myFT email briefing on your topics of interest
• Share and save articles
• Special Reports covering various regions and sectors which are useful for research and interview preparation
• Commentary and analysis on key global issues
• Markets data which is useful listed company information
• Read our most recent Business School newsletter