The Office of Graduate Programs is now accepting applications for Graduate Teaching Assistant positions for the Spring 2022 semester.
Graduate Teaching Assistantships are not guaranteed for future semesters.
Graduate Teaching Assistants’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting faculty in administering synchronous online or in-person class sessions, including monitoring online chat sessions and answering simple process and content-related questions during synchronous class sessions
- Assisting faculty in monitoring online discussion boards and answering student inquiries via email
- Assisting faculty in the preparation, administration, and proctoring of exams and other assignments
- Assisting faculty in grading discussion boards, assignments, quizzes, and exams
- Assisting students in navigating online textbook auxiliary sites and materials
- Assisting students in navigating online exams and assignments
- Liaising with BCTC and other appropriate offices to assist with resolving tech issues for students and faculty
Graduate Teaching Assistants will be hired for up to 80 hours and will be paid $18 per hour.
To apply for a Graduate Teaching Assistant position, students must meet the following criteria:
- Students must be enrolled in one of the Zicklin School of Business master’s level programs. Executive Programs students are not eligible for these positions.
- Students must have and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0. ( students in their first semester will not be eligible at this time)
- International students must fulfill the appropriate VISA requirements in order to work in the United States.
- A Social Security Number is required for payroll compensation. For students that receive an offer and do not have a Social Security, it is imperative that you work with the College administrative offices to acquire a Social Security quickly so that payroll compensation can occur before your semester assignment concludes.
- As part of New Hire Procedures, students not enrolled at full-time status (9 credits or more) will need to coordinate with Human Resources to satisfy fingerprinting requirements and pay a corresponding one-time fee of $88.50.
Students who meet the criteria should please fill out the application and attach a resume. Please note the application works in Firefox or Chrome.
Please email ZicklinGradPrograms@baruch.cuny.edu with any questions.
Other employment resources
Students seeking part-time opportunities can also review employment opportunities listed on the Baruch Human Resources site: http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/hr/index.htm. Other CUNY campuses may hire for part-time work as well.
For information about financing your degree program, please review the information posted by Zicklin Graduate Admissions: https://zicklin.baruch.cuny.edu/academic-programs/graduate/admissions/financing-your-education/
Current students looking to gain work experience related to their post-graduate career should work with the Graduate Career Management Center to develop an internship and/or career strategy: https://zicklin.baruch.cuny.edu/experience-zicklin/student-experience/gcmc-graduate-career-management-center/