Business case competitions blend both academics and real world professional skills in a way that prepares students their careers. It gives students the opportunity to learn hands-on business skills in a competitive environment, and integrate those skills in a real world setting. The Zicklin School of Business strongly encourages all its MBA and MS students, as well as undergraduates, to participate in business competitions.
Participating in competitions increases your networking skills, enhances your academic experiences, and prepares you for meaningful careers. Competitions improve teamwork and leadership, and gives participants a chance to explore real business challenges while leveraging their academic knowledge.
Types of Competitions
There are many types of competitions, they can include:
- Entrepreneurial competitions
- Elevator speeches – students compete to present a two to three minute synopsis of their new business plans.
- Business competitions – students competing to solve a long-standing business problem which is addressed through a comprehensive study of potential solutions over the course of a semester.
- Marketing, Accounting, or Sustainability competitions
|Explore Competitions||Competitions Calendar|
The competition has certainly been one of the greatest experiences I had while pursuing my MBA at Baruch.The competition challenged my creativity, and enhanced not only my technical skills but my communication skills, team working skills, time management skills, writing skills and much more. ”Jessica Salvatore, Second Place, Microsoft Digital Marketing Challenge
Baruch Competitions in the News
- Baruch Undergraduates Sweep Traders@MIT Competition
- Sorry Harvard and Yale, the Trading Whiz Kids are At Baruch College – The Wall Street Journal
- Hey, Harvard, Baruch College Just Ate Your Lunch – The Wall Street Journal
- Unlikely Pool of Trading Whiz Kids – The Wall Street Journal
- Nation’s Top Trading Club Comes from New York Public College – CNBC’s “Closing Bell”
- Baruch Traders Dominate the Competition – NASDAQ’s #TradeTalk
- Baruch College Tops Ivy League Schools in Trading Competitions – The Jewish Voice
- The Smart Pitch Challenge: Verizon Foundation Offers Student Entrepreneurs Prizes, Mentoring to Launch Business Ventures – Black Enterprise
- Delivering the Perfect Pitch – Crain’s New York
- TAMID At Baruch Tops Ivy Leagues In Stock Pitch Competition – The Ticker
- Baruch Business Students Excel in Five Major Competitions
- Five Baruch MBA Students Win First Prize in Executive Leadership Council Business Case Competition