Arash Asadpour is an Associate Professor of Operations Management at the Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College, The City University of New York. His research primarily focuses on the methodologies of optimization and their applications in operations management and the economics of operations, particularly in matching and search markets, ridesharing marketplaces, online retailing, online advertising, and pricing. His publications have appeared in Management Science, Operations Research, SIAM Journal on Computing, etc. He was the recipient of the best paper award at the 2010 ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms.
Prior to Zicklin, Professor Asadpour was an assistant professor of operations management in New York University’s Stern School of Business. He holds a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering from Sharif University of Technology in Tehran, Iran, and received his PhD in Operations Research from the Management Science and Engineering Department at Stanford University.
(For a full list of publications and working papers, please refer to the CV.)
- Arash Asadpour, Rad Niazadeh, Amin Saberi, and Ali Shameli, Sequential Submodular Maximization and Applications to Ranking an Assortment of Products. Operations Research, forthcoming.
- Arash Asadpour, Ilan Lobel, and Garrett van Ryzin, Minimum Earnings Regulation and the Stability of Marketplaces. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, forthcoming.
Arash Asadpour, Xuan Wang, Jiawei Zhang: Online Resource Allocation with Limited Flexibility. Management Science 66(2): 642-666 (2020)
Arash Asadpour, MohammadHossein Bateni, Kshipra Bhawalkar, Vahab S. Mirrokni: Concise Bid Optimization Strategies with Multiple Budget Constraints. Management Science 65(12): 5785-5812 (2019)
Arash Asadpour, Michel X. Goemans, Aleksander Madry, Shayan Oveis Gharan, Amin Saberi: An O(log n/log log n)-Approximation Algorithm for the Asymmetric Traveling Salesman Problem. Operations Research 65(4): 1043-1061 (2017)
Arash Asadpour, Hamid Nazerzadeh: Maximizing Stochastic Monotone Submodular Functions. Management Science 62(8): 2374-2391 (2016)
Arash Asadpour, Uriel Feige, Amin Saberi: Santa claus meets hypergraph matchings. ACM Transactions on Algorithms 8(3): 24:1-24:9 (2012)
Arash Asadpour, Amin Saberi: An Approximation Algorithm for Max-Min Fair Allocation of Indivisible Goods. SIAM Journal on Computing 39(7): 2970-2989 (2010)
- Best Paper Award, 21st ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA), 2010
- Dantzig-Lieberman Operations Research Fellowship, Stanford University, 2008 and 2009
- Stanford School of Engineering Fellowship, 2005–2006.
- 1st Rank, Iran’s National Graduate Entrance Exam in Computer Engineering, Iran, Spring 2004.
- 7th Rank, Iran’s National Undergraduate Entrance Exam among more than 350,000 participants, Summer 2001.
- Silver Medal, 9th and 10th Iranian National Olympiad in Informatics, Summer 1999 and 2000.