Stan Ross Department of Accountancy
The Stan Ross Department of Accountancy educates future accountancy and taxation professionals by developing students’ intellectual competence, technical knowledge, and ethical sensibilities through high-quality, high-value academic programs and rigorous and innovative scholarly research.
We strive to accomplish our mission by:
- Capitalizing on the diversity of the Zicklin School of Business and its locations in New York City.
- Attracting, developing, and maintaining an outstanding and diverse student body and faculty.
- Preparing students for careers in professional accountancy and taxation by equipping them with the skills necessary to make effective and ethical decisions.
- Empowering students to work successfully with co-workers and clients, to communicate effectively, and to be productive leaders and team members.
- Offering a high-quality PhD level education that prepares graduates for successful academic careers.
- Conducting innovative research that improves the practice of accounting and enhances the understanding of accountancy’s role in the global economy.
- Providing opportunities for faculty and students to interact with the professional accounting and tax communities.
Department Contact Information
Newman Vertical Campus Building – 12th Floor
Prof. Carol Marquardt
The Stan Ross Department of Accountancy Research Seminar Series features researchers, faculty members, and Ph.D. students from leading universities.
CPE credits will be awarded for these seminars.*
All Seminars will be conducted via Zoom 10:30 am- Noon.
|September 9, 2020||Jonas Heese||
Harvard Business School
Does industry employment
|September 16, 2020||Bill Mayew||Duke University||State Sponsors of Terrorism Disclosure and SEC Financial Reporting Oversight|
|September 23, 2020||Phil Berger||The University of Chicago||
Breaking it Down:
|September 30, 2020||Thomas Bourveau||Columbia University||
Public Company Auditing
For Zoom registration information please contact Professor Heemin Lee at Heemin.Lee@baruch.cuny.edu.
Baruch College is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Learning Objective: To supply participants with an update of current Accounting Thought and Research—by attending this course you will learn updates of current accounting and auditing practices.
Delivery Method: Group-live
Program level: Update
Prerequisites: Faculty, Ph.D. Students, and others that are experts in their respective disciplines.
Recommended CPE: Each session 1.8 credits (90 minutes, 50 minute hour).
Advanced Preparation: Reading articles, reviewing material
To register for this course, contact Claudia Lopez of the Accountancy Department at 646-312-3167.
No fee involved.