Prizes and Awards
The Law Department awards five prizes annually to outstanding students to honor their achievements in law and to assist them financially in their studies. The awards are:
- Edward Rothman Award: For a graduating senior who has demonstrated excellence and scholastic achievement in the study of law and has been accepted for admission to law school.
- Coppola/Greenberg Law Prize: For a graduating senior who has been accepted to law school.
- Philip and Shirley Brent Scholarship Fund: For an accounting major who has been accepted to Law School.
- Morris & Ida K. Traum Scholarship: For a graduating student within the accounting major who is committed to becoming both a CPA and has applied to law school. Preference is given to applicants who are working or demonstrating financial need.
- Abraham Goldstein Centennial Scholarship: A partial tuition scholarship is awarded annually to a student in the Zicklin School of Business who has achieved excellence in two or more courses offered by the Law Department. The recipient is selected by the Chairperson of the Law Department in consultation with the department’s committee on Prizes and Awards.
- Morton Wollman Medal: For outstanding achievement in law.
For more information on the Law Department Awards, contact Prof. Marc Edelman at Marc.Edelman@baruch.cuny.edu.