Launched in 2004, the Professional Coaching Program (PCP) is an advanced-level course. With the goal of adding professional coaching to their internal or external activities, program participants bring experience in counseling, consulting, human resources, organization development, business, and other fields.
Offered as a partnership of iCoachNewYork and Baruch College’s Zicklin School of Business Leadership Initiative, PCP offers small class sizes and intensive involvement with faculty, guaranteeing a personalized professional development experience. Each participant finds his or her own voice as a coach through best-practice presentations, discussions, readings, and interaction with distinguished guest speakers. All these elements are brought together in a real coaching assignment supported by intensive individual supervision.
Professional Coaching is a one-on-one development process, formally contracted between a Coach and a Management-level client. The objectives are to enhance professional development and managerial growth and to improve business performance, with a focus on:
- Executive-Level Self-Management Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership Skills
The program is now delivered virtually on Zoom. It consists of sixteen four hour classes delivered via Zoom on Fridays in addition to one hour of seeing a Client every week and one hour of supervision, both delivered remotely (see below for current schedule)
- iCoachNewYork faculty are highly experienced executive coaches and coach instructors
- Prominent experts in professional coaching serve as guest lecturers
- The program arranges for four-month case assignments for each participant
- During the coaching assignment, each participant has one-on-one sessions with a faculty member who provides ongoing supervision and feedback
- Participants develop their own Personal Model of Professional Coaching
- Participants who successfully complete the program receive a Professional Coaching Certificate
- PCP has been approved for 84 Student Contact Hours (SCHs) by the International Coach Federation (ICF). For more information about full ICF certification, please contact ICF directly (coachfederation.com)
Given Covid uncertainties, classes will be held remotely in 2022:
The PCP Class Schedule for 2022
- February 11, 18, 25
- March 4, 11, 18, 25, March 31** (Thursday)
- April 8. 15, 22, 29
- May 6, 13, 20, 27
**Due to Good Friday March 31 class is on Thursday
Books are provided to participants.
Sixteen four-hour video via Zooms sessions from 8:30 am ET to 12:30 pm ET, in addition to holding a one-hour coaching session with your Client every week and receiving one hour of case supervision from a iCoach Faculty member.
Fee: $12,000 / $2,000 non-refundable deposit. Baruch graduates are eligible for a 10% fee reduction if they can they demonstrate financial need.
“One of the best learning experiences I’ve had because it combined coaching theory and practice. The opportunity to coach a real client added tremendous value to the learning. This is the only coaching skills program out there that I’ve found to offer such a practice opportunity.” –Vice President, Human Resources, Financial Services Firm
“Not an easy course, so I recommend it only to the serious student.” –Psychologist in Private Practice