With its hallmark interdisciplinary approach, the Institute pursues applied research on critical real estate and public policy issues. Researchers are experts from the City University of New York, other leading academic institutions and the real estate industry. We share our research findings through publications and public events.
Our research agenda is shaped by our Research Roundtable, an informal advisory group of leaders from sectors including real estate development and management, finance and capital markets, brokerage, economics, sustainability, urban planning and public policy. This broad-spectrum representation ensures that, in a time of dramatic change within the real estate industry, our agenda remains responsive to, and anticipates, real-world needs.
- Micron is Coming to Town: A Real Estate Market Report for Onondaga County, NY
- Housing Market Trends: Manhattan (April 2023)
- Housing Market Trends: Manhattan (January 2023)
- Housing Market Trends: Manhattan (October 2022)
- Housing Market Trends: Manhattan (July 2022)
- Housing Market Trends: Manhattan (March 2022)
- NYC Condominium and Cooperative Conversion: Historical Trends and Impacts of the Law Changes (2021)
- The Impact of Recent Unemployment Shock on the U.S. Housing Market and Public REITs (2020)
- Socioeconomic Profile of the Qualified Opportunity Zones in New York (2020)
We welcome support for research projects from foundations, government agencies and corporations, and we invite suggestions for projects and for sources of support.
To explore opportunities, please contact:
The Steven L. Newman Real Estate Institute
137 E. 22nd Street
New York, NY 10010