Baruch students can spend a summer interning for Mediacom, located in suburban Paris. Mediacom Richemont provides advertising and media services to Richemont, a Swiss-based luxury goods company.
It is suited for students who have some experience with marketing, international business, advertising or media, and who are fluent or near-fluent in French.
The internship will provide:
- Professional experience abroad.
- Discipline-specific knowledge
- Internship stipend of about 700€ per month
- Cafeteria and transit benefits
The internship lasts 8 weeks, from early June to early August. Placements are determined by a team of representatives including individuals from Mediacom and from the Weissman Center for International Business.
Students are expected to arrange their own housing in Paris.
- Junior to Graduate level students
- Marketing, advertising, international business, or a quantitative major
- 3.0+ GPA
- Advanced proficiency in French required
- Interest in the luxury sector
- Must be returning to Baruch College in the fall semester following the internship
- Must be mature and adaptable
In addition to the internship stipend paid from the host company and standard French intern benefits, Baruch students will also receive the Maurice R. “Hank” Greenberg Fellowship. Nominated students will be informed about how to receive this fellowship after the nominations have been made.
The deadline to apply for the summer internship is in early February. You will be asked to write about why you are interested in this opportunity and you will be contacted about an initial interview. Selected candidates may be called for a second interview in French with the host company contact.