ATTENTION: All programs are canceled for the summer 2020 because of the global health situation
The Xiamen Internship Program will provide Baruch students with an exciting internship in a variety of industries in Xiamen. During the internship, students will complete a project assigned by the company under the supervision of the project mentor. The internship will last for 8 weeks, and students will be engaged in related research and professional practice.
The internship provides valuable experience in the following areas:
- Exposure to Chinese business practices
- Professional experience abroad
- One-of-a-kind view into the Fujian Free Trade Zone, a geographical area in which restrictions on foreign currency exchange and foreign participation in China’s e-commerce sector are eased. Each FTZ encourages companies in a sector to cluster, in an effort to drive regional growth.
- Access to a mentor at the company who will oversee the student’s work.
- Mastery of the job functions & responsibilities of internship position.
Previous interns have been placed at the Xiamen Financial Investment Group, in a variety of departments.
I wanted to work abroad because of my background and also to develop more professional skills. I think the internship gave me a better insight about how Information Technology works in the financial field. ”Xiaodong Chen, IT intern, Xiamen Financial Investment Group, summer 2017 See more pictures from Xiamen students
The internship lasts 8 weeks, from mid June to mid August. Placements are determined by the student’s professional interest. The placements are managed by the Career Services Office of Xiamen Management University.
Students will live either in the international student dormitory at Xiamen Management University or in company housing provided by the company they are working at. Students will also receive 40 RMB per day for food expenses. Students will receive a XMU student ID which allows them access to campus facilities.
- Freshman to Graduate level students
- Any major
- 3.0+ GPA
- Intermediate knowledge of Mandarin needed.
- Must be returning to Baruch College in the fall semester following the internship.
Airfare and other living expenses are covered by the Weissman Center for International Business through the Maurice R. “Hank” Greenberg Fellowship. Nominated students will be informed about how to receive this fellowship after the nominations have been made.
The deadline to apply for the summer internship is March 15th. Start your application now with the “Apply Now” button below. You will be asked to write about why you are interested in this opportunity and you will be contacted about an initial interview. Selected candidates may be called for a second interview.