ATTENTION: All programs are canceled for the summer 2020 because of the global health situation
The ZCE Internship Program will provide lower Senior or Graduate students with an exciting summer internship with Zhengzhou Commodity Exchange. The intern will be placed in one of the following ZCE departments: Department of Agricultural Products, Department of Non-Agricultural Products or Futures Derivatives Department. Two spots are available.
The internship provides valuable experience in one or all of the following areas:
- Basic ZCE organizational structure and job functions of each department.
- Relevant rules and regulations of ZCE and its internal management.
- Procedures on how to conduct different tasks relating to the Exchange.
- Daily routine of internship department, such as assisting with collecting and analyzing data and other materials about commodity indices and other research materials, search & collecting and completing revision for data regarding relevant materials and industries, and collecting and translating data and other materials of overseas derivatives market, etc.
I worked as a summer intern in Zhengzhou Commodity Exchange, which is one of the four commodity trading exchanges recognized by the Chinese government. I mainly helped with the research on the regulations and the trends of various options and futures contracts in ICE and CME. I enjoy the opportunity of traveling to different parts of China as well as the friendliness of the people at work. ”YiNing Wang, Futures Derivatives intern at ZCE, summer 2016 See more pictures from ZCE students
The internship lasts 8 weeks, from mid June to mid-August. Participants will be assigned to work in one of three departments: Agricultural Products, Non-Agricultural Products, or Futures Derivatives.
Participants will live free of charge at the company housing in single rooms and eat meals in the company-provided cafeteria.
All work at the Exchange takes place in Mandarin, and so participants will be expected to converse and work in Mandarin.
- Lower Senior or Graduate level student majoring in Economics, Finance, Statistics Quantitative Modeling, Quantitative Methods, Financial Engineering, Accounting, Derivatives Market, or other relevant areas with a 3.0+ GPA.
- Intermediate to advanced comprehension of Mandarin
- Must bring own laptop
- Must be returning to Baruch College in the fall semester
Participants will live in company housing provided by ZCE, and eat meals in the company cafeteria. Airfare and other living expenses are covered by the Weissman Center for International Business through the Maurice R. “Hank” Greenberg Fellowship. Nominated students will be informed about how to receive this fellowship after the nominations have been made.
The deadline to apply for the summer internship is March 15th. Start your application now with the “Apply Now” button below. You will be asked to write about why you are interested in this opportunity and you will be contacted about an initial interview. Selected candidates may be called for a second interview.