The Weissman Center for International Business provides funding in the form of the C.V. Starr International Experiential Learning (IEL) Fellowship to help students fulfill their international experiential learning goals.
I spent the summer in Hong Kong interning for the Asia/Pacific office of OtterBox. I worked on the E-Commerce team and gained valuable experience in research, digital marketing, and SEO. I was also able to learn about the industry and make valuable professional connections. Outside work, I explored Hong Kong and immersed myself into a new culture. It was the experience of a lifetime!”Zach Stern, MBA in Digital Marketing, interned with Otterbox in Hong Kong via The Intern Group, summer 2019
To be eligible for the C.V. Starr IEL Fellowship:
- you must have secured or be in the process of securing your placement
- the professional experience must be at least 4 weeks long
- the experience must not be in a country or area that is subject to a current U.S. Department of State Travel Warning
- the program or experience must have safeguards in place for participants that are appropriate to the location
- the experience must provide professional learning opportunities related to your intended career or academic plans
- you must be a continuing student, i.e: returning to Baruch for the semester following the experience
The amounts of the C.V. Starr IEL Fellowship vary. Awards are determined on the following criteria, from most to least important:
- Relevance of placement to student’s professional or academic goals
- Estimated total cost of the experience, including any program fees
- Length of experience
- Presence and breadth of professional development opportunities beyond the internship itself
- Repeat recipient of the fellowship
The fellowship can be paid out in one or two installments, depending on the experience you are planning.
I’m going on a provider-based program and am paying a program fee:
You will receive a portion of your fellowship before you leave, and a portion after you come back.
I found my own internship or am not paying a program fee:
You will receive all of your fellowship after you come back.