The Weissman Center for International Business provides funding in the form of the C.V. Starr International Experiential Learning (IEL) Fellowship to help students fulfill their international experiential learning goals.
The decision to go abroad was quite spontaneous and I chose to go because it was something I have never done before. My experience was truly life changing. It was very humbling to see how people live in an underdeveloped country and how much is taken for granted here in the United States. ”Celina Rogocz, Marketing/Fundraising Intern at TheAndesWay, Cordoba, Argentina, summer 2017
To be eligible for the C.V. Starr IEL Fellowship:
- you must have secured or be in the process of securing your placement
- the professional experience must be at least 4 weeks long
- the experience must not be in a country or area that is subject to a current U.S. Department of State Travel Warning
- the program or experience must have safeguards in place for participants that are appropriate to the location
- the experience must provide professional learning opportunities related to your intended career or academic plans
- you must be a continuing student, i.e: returning to Baruch for the semester following the experience
The amounts of the C.V. Starr IEL Fellowship vary. Awards are determined on the following criteria, from most to least important:
- Relevance of placement to student’s professional or academic goals
- Estimated total cost of the experience, including any program fees
- Length of experience
- Presence and breadth of professional development opportunities beyond the internship itself
- Repeat recipient of the fellowship
The fellowship can be paid out in one or two installments, depending on the experience you are planning.
I’m going on a provider-based program and am paying a program fee:
You will receive a portion of your fellowship before you leave, and a portion after you come back.
I found my own internship or am not paying a program fee:
You will receive all of your fellowship after you come back.
EVENTSJanuary 22 @ 10:30 am
EVENTSJanuary 31 @ 5:00 pm
EVENTSFebruary 13 @ 6:00 pm