If you found your own independent internship or you are participating on a program for which a program fee less than $1000 is required, you will receive your fellowship all at once upon your return from the experience.
If you applied for Part 1 of the fellowship, you will also complete Part 2 to receive the remainder of the fellowship.
As soon as you have secured your placement, you should apply for Part 2 of the fellowship. The application must be submitted and complete no less than 10 days before your departure from New York.
Part 2 of the application includes:
- details of your placement, including documents to show that you have been offered and accepted the placement, and a full job description
- dates of your placement and travel
- description of how your placement relates to your academic and professional plans
- contact information for your placement and supervisor
- description of any professional development opportunities
- estimate of total program cost and breakdown of costs
- waiver and release packet
- proof of insurance
- proof of valid passport and valid visa
- proof of registration for classes for the next semester
- for US citizens, proof of enrollment in the Department of State’s STEP Program
The application is reviewed by an evaluation committee designated by the Weissman Center for International Business. Depending on the available budget, safety considerations, and other factors, not all applications may be approved. Students will be notified of the amount they may expect to receive.
Upon return, the Intern Abroad Coordinator will send a testimonial form and an online survey about the experience. Students must complete both in a timely manner to receive the award. The testimonial may be shared with the C.V. Starr Foundation, which supports the fellowship.
Recipients of a C.V. Starr International Experiential Learning Fellowship are expected to apply their award towards the program listed in the student’s application packet. If used for another purpose, the award must be returned.
Fellowship Application: Part 1
EVENTSJanuary 31 @ 5:00 pm
EVENTSFebruary 13 @ 6:00 pm
EVENTSFebruary 15 @ 12:00 pm