The Internship Program of the Weissman Center for International Business provides the opportunity to learn about internship opportunities for Baruch undergraduate students with firms doing business within the global market in the New York metropolitan area.
We provide council on pursuing internships for undergraduate Baruch students. The Internship Program also provides resume review/cover letter review services. If you would like your resume and/or cover letter reviewed, please email Justine.Kharnak@baruch.cuny.edu with your review request.
Our Internship Program seeks companies/organizations who want to host an intern and provide a Baruch College student with a valuable professional experience.
The Internship Program of the Weissman Center for International Business develops internship opportunities within the New York metropolitan area that expose Baruch undergraduate students of all majors to business issues and practices.
An internship is a necessary extension of your academic experience and an internship builds your professional profile. Our program is here to assist Baruch students with finding an internship that will help their developmental growth.
Internship Program Highlights:
- We place students in the spring, summer, or fall semesters.
- We match students to a variety of companies that range from small, medium, and large size firms that are either private or public companies. We work within the finance industry, entertainment/media, health/beauty/fashion, legal, non-profits, government agencies, and specialty businesses.
- We actively match internships based upon the student’s major, industries of interest, the type of work the student wants to do, and any other information the student provides the Program regarding internship needs.
- We will not submit a student’s résumé to a company without a student’s consent or knowledge.
- We work with undergraduate students throughout their academic time at Baruch College.
Student Eligibility for Internship Program:
- Currently enrolled Baruch undergraduate student
Internship Program ~ Student Responsibility:
- If the company offers an internship position to a student and the student accepts, the student is required to complete the internship for that particular semester or for the agreed upon time period of the internship.
- If a student leaves an internship prior to its completion without just cause or notification to the company and our offices, then the student potentially puts in jeopardy our reputation with the company and the reputation of Baruch students. This type of act is a serious matter and can lead to the student being disqualified from participating in the Program.
How to join the Internship Program:
In order to be eligible to receive information regarding internship opportunities, you must apply to the Internship Program.
Please email Justine.Kharnak@baruch.cuny.edu to request an invitation for an online information session about the Internship Program. In the information session, students will learn about the Program and it’s processes and will also receive instructions about the necessary documentation to provide in order to the join and become a member of the Program.
How to update your profile/résumé in the Internship Program:
If you are an existing student member of our Internship Program, it is important that you maintain an accurate and up-to-date profile in our system. You may update your profile and résumé with us at any time.
To update your student profile:
- Email Justine.Kharnak@baruch.cuny.edu with your updated information. *Please remember to update if there is a change in your declared major, GPA, and/or graduation date.
To update your résumé:
- Email your updated résumé to Justine.Kharnak@baruch.cuny.edu.
- Upon receipt of your résumé, an Internship Coordinator will review your résumé prior to officially updating it in the system.
The Internship Placement Program of the Weissman Center for International Business welcomes companies to host a Baruch undergraduate or graduate student as an intern in a variety of fields. Baruch College students study a variety of fields such as, accounting, communications, computer information systems, finance, human resources, international business, management, marketing, and public administration.
Our Internship Placement Program matches the best possible candidates to your company’s needs and in order to start the matching process, you simply need to submit an internship description to our program. The Program adheres to all guidelines set by Baruch College regarding internship experiences (hours, credit requirements, etc.).
Internship Program Highlights:
- We place students in the spring (January-May), summer (June-August), or fall (September-December) semesters.
- You are assigned an Internship Coordinator to facilitate your internship search.
- We match your internship requirements to our student profiles.
- The Internship Coordinator can assist you with interview scheduling needs, if needed.
How to host an intern:
In order to start the matching process, you will need to:
- Complete the Internship Description Form below and email it to Justine.Kharnak@baruch.cuny.edu.
- After review of your internship opportunity, you are assigned an Internship Coordinator to facilitate your internship search.
The Internship Description Form provides the Internship Coordinator with the following information:
- Brief description of the type of tasks/projects the intern will be assigned
- How many hours you need an intern per week (part-time is typically between 10-20 hours per week)
- If the internship is paid (part-time or full-time) or unpaid (part-time only)
- Duration of the internship (typically 3 months, but can be longer)
- If you seek specific majors (finance, marketing, accounting, etc.) or academic level
- Any specific computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, etc.) and/or language skills you require
- Any other requirements (GPA minimum, etc.)
*IF YOU ARE A BARUCH STUDENT LOOKING TO JOIN THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM, PLEASE EMAIL Justine.Kharnak@baruch.cuny.edu WITH YOUR INQUIRY.
*IF YOU ARE A COMPANY LOOKING TO HOST AN INTERN, PLEASE EMAIL Justine.Kharnak@baruch.cuny.edu WITH YOUR HOST COMPANY INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION FORM AND/OR YOUR INTERNSHIP INQUIRY.