Weissman Center for International Business

Additional Study Abroad Requirements

Application to Study Abroad: Next Steps

Once your Application to Study Abroad has been submitted, reviewed and approved, there are some additional steps to be done, depending on the type of program you have applied for. You will be notified via email when you are required to do anything. Please follow the instructions listed below. You are responsible for adhering to Baruch policies, so if your program sponsor advises you to follow other steps, please clarify exactly what you are required to do and when with the Baruch Study Abroad Office.

  1. You must ensure that you have submitted the appropriate application materials to the host university or program sponsor and been accepted by the program. If you need to have any forms signed by the Director of Study Abroad, submit them to the Study Abroad Office and/or the Director of Study Abroad well in advance of any submission deadlines.
  2. You may receive a Baruch bill for tuition and/or fees if you are attending an exchange or CUNY-sponsored program. You must pay the bill (if you receive a tuition waiver, you must still pay fees) and send documentation of your payment to the Study Abroad Office.
  3. You must complete and submit documents related to international travel in order to receive your Study Abroad Permit. Normally, this will be either the Baruch College CUNY International Travel Waiver and Release Packet (WARP for short) or the Baruch College CUNY Independent International Travel Form (“WARP-lite” for short), but there might be additional documentation required. Please check with the Baruch Study Abroad Office for the most up-to-date information. If you are required to purchase health and accident insurance for your study abroad, you will need to do so before you submit your forms. It is wise to do complete and submit these forms early.
  4. If you are attending a CUNY-sponsored study abroad program, after you have paid your bill, you will need to file an Electronic Permit (E-Permit).
  5. Once the minimum number of credits for your study abroad program have been approved and you have supplied the Study Abroad Office with proof of payment of your Baruch bill, the Study Abroad Office will submit to the Registrar’s Office on your behalf a Study Abroad Permit Application. The Study Abroad Permit is the final document you need regarding your approval to study abroad.
  6. You may be required to attend a pre-departure orientation. If so, you will be notified of the date, time and location.
Insurance and waivers
Study Abroad Permit