The Stan Ross Department of Accountancy seeks to advance the knowledge and practice of professional accountancy and taxation and to serve the local and global communities with high-quality, high-value public higher education, and rigorous and innovative scholarly research.
We strive to accomplish our mission by:
- Capitalizing on the diversity of the Zicklin School of Business and its locations in New York City.
- Attracting, developing, and maintaining an outstanding and diverse student body and faculty.
- Preparing students for careers in professional accountancy and taxation by equipping them with the skills necessary to make effective and ethical decisions.
- Empowering students to work successfully with co-workers and clients, to communicate effectively, and to be productive leaders and team members.
- Offering a high-quality Ph.D. level education that prepares graduates for successful academic careers.
- Conducting innovative research that improves the practice of accounting and enhances the understanding of accountancy's role in the global economy.
- Providing opportunities for faculty and students to interact with the professional accounting and tax communities.