Zicklin Eligibility & Admission
In order to be eligible for the Zicklin School of Business, students need to satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Completion of COM 1010 Speech Communication and ENG 2150 Writing II
(Effective June 2014)
- Completion of 8 pre-business courses with a minimum 2.25 GPA1, 2
- ACC 2101 Principles of Accounting
- CIS 2200 Introduction to Information Systems and Technologies
- ECO 1001 Microeconomics
- ECO 1002 Macroeconomics
- ENG 2100 Writing I
- LAW 1101 Fundamentals of Business Law
- Calculus—MTH 2205/2207/2610 (or equivalent)
- STA 2000 Business Statistics I
- Completion of at least 45 credits with an overall Baruch GPA3 of 2.25 or higher
1 AP credits will not be used in calculating the GPA.
2 Transferred credit grades will be used in calculating the GPA with the exception of international grades which are not transferred.
3 New transfer students who have completed all pre-business courses will be eligible for admission to Zicklin despite the fact that they do not have a Baruch GPA.
Other Credits and Grades
It is the student’s responsibility to:
- Follow up with the Transfer Center if there are any missing transfer grades. Additionally, incoming transfer students who are completing their pre-business courses at their previous school must wait until theses grades have been submitted and appear on their CUNYfirst Baruch transcript to be evaluated for Zicklin eligibility.
- Ensure that final grades are sent to the Registrar’s Office if any last pre-business courses are taken on permit at another institution. Grades have to appear on students’ Baruch transcript in order to be evaluated for Zicklin eligibility.
No application is required. Students who fulfill requirements will be reviewed for admission after all semester grades are in.
- Students whose lowest calculus (transferred or AP credit) is MTH 3010 or higher must go to Rm VC 13-240 to be manually admitted into Zicklin.
- Students who have transferred pre-business courses that posted to their Baruch transcript as A+, D-, S, or P must go to Rm VC 13-240 to be manually admitted into Zicklin.
In order to be considered for admission, students must have an intended Zicklin plan (major) on their CUNYfirst account. Students can check their CUNYfirst Student Center (click “My Academics” link) to see if their plan (major) is correct.
- Students who have “Undeclared” as their plan or have an intended plan in the Weissman School or School of Public Affairs and wish to be admitted into Zicklin must go to the Registrar’s Office to change their plan (major). Students may fill out an intended major form, , and submit the completed form to the Registrar’s Office.
- Students who have been officially admitted into the Weissman School or the School of Public Affairs must first visit that School’s Dean’s Office to have their “Officially Accepted” service indicator released and student group inactivated from CUNYfirst and then submit an intended major form to change their plan at the Registrar’s Office.